Gambling & Bribery
Placing bets of any kind on any intercollegiate or professional athletics competition in any amount with anyone or on the internet is strictly prohibited. Student-athletes should immediately report any offer to gamble on the outcome of an athletics competition, whether directly or indirectly, to the Athletic Director, Head Coach, Compliance Office, and/or Conference Office. Any individual seeking information or asking student-athletes to "arrange" the outcome of any athletics contest should be reported to the Compliance Office.
Any involvement in activities designed to influence the outcome of an intercollegiate contest or any solicitation or acceptance of a bet involving the University of Utah will result in an automatic loss of eligibility.
A student-athlete will be ineligible to compete if he/she does any of the following:
1. Provides information to individuals involved in organized gambling activities concerning intercollegiate athletics competition (e.g., participating in a "fantasy league" with an entry fee and/or cash prize);
2. Solicits a bet on any intercollegiate team (e.g., betting in a Final Four pool);
3. Accepts a bet on any team representing the institution;
4. Solicits or accepts a bet on any intercollegiate competition for any item (e.g., cash, shirt, dinner) that has tangible value; or
5. Participates in any gambling activity that involves intercollegiate or professional athletics through a bookmaker, a parlay card, or any other method employed by organized gambling (e.g., betting on the World Series).