Special Assistance Fund Guidelines
The guiding principle of the Special Assistance Fund is to meet student-athletes' needs of an emergency or essential nature for which financial assistance otherwise is not available.
The Following Student-Athletes are Eligible to Apply for Funds:
1. Pell-eligible student-athletes that are eligible to compete and are receiving a full or partial athletic scholarship.
2. International student-athletes that are eligible to compete, are receiving a full or partial athletic scholarship, and have demonstrated financial need (certified in writing by the institution's International Center).
The Following are Permissible Uses of the Fund:
1. Cost of clothing, groceries and other essential expenses (not entertainment) up to $500.
2. Cost of expendable academic course supplies (e.g. notebooks and pens) and rental of non-expendable supplies (e.g. computer equipment and cameras) that are required for all students in the course.
3. Medical and dental costs not covered by another insurance program (e.g. premiums for optional medical insurance, hearing aids, vision therapy and off-campus psychological counseling).
4. Costs associated with student-athlete or family emergencies.
All student-athletes applying for the Special Assistance Fund must submit receipts to the Compliance Office with their application. There is no guarantee that a student-athlete will receive reimbursement due to NCAA limitations on the amount of available funds. For more information contact the Compliance Office.