Donation and Autograph Guidelines
The Utah Athletics department is committed to providing assistance to charitable organizations that improve the quality of life of our fans and the Salt Lake community. Utah Athletics receives several hundred requests for donations each year. We wish it were possible to honor all of the requests since most are very worthwhile causes. Due to the large volume of requests received the following policies have been established for donation and autograph requests:
• All requests must be submitted using the Promotional Activity/Donation form. Please do not send additional requests to student-athletes, coaches or athletic administrators. Note: Submitting a request does not guarantee a donation.
o Promotional Activity/Donation Request forms should be submitted by mail or fax to:
Utah Athletics Donation Request
1825 E. South Campus Dr.
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
• Due to NCAA regulations, we are unable to fulfill requests that would benefit students in grades 9-12. Proceeds or actual item may NOT be provided to a high school, preparatory school or 2-year college for any reason. This includes any elementary and middle schools that are financially tied and/or associated with a high school.
• Completion of the request form does not guarantee that the request will be fulfilled. • All requests must be submitted at least (6) six weeks prior to the event in order to be considered.
• Donations are limited based on availability. Donated tickets shall not be sold, auctioned or traded at any other event besides the original event without the consent of Utah Athletics.
• A copy of the flyer or brochure for the event must also accompany the request.
• In an attempt to help the greatest number of organizations, requests are limited to (1) one request per organization within a twelve-month period.
• Donations will be limited to auction and/or raffle activities designated to raise funds for organizations with 501 (c)(3) status, critically ill or injured children and adults. Requests for door prizes, business award or incentive programs, individual or private use requests will be declined.
• Monetary donations and sponsorship requests will not be considered or granted. • All monies derived from a promotional activity must go directly to the institution or charitable agency.
• Donation requests that have been approved must be picked up at the Jon M. Huntsman Center. No donations will be mailed. Autograph Requests:
• If requesting an autographed piece of equipment, upon approval of request, requester must provide the item (football, basketball, jersey, etc.). The item can be delivered to the Jon M. Huntsman Center receptionist on the south side of the building.
• Organizations may request a maximum of (1) one autographed item per organization within a twelve-month period; receipt of an item in no way guarantees subsequent donations. • All requests must be submitted at least (6) six weeks prior to the event deadline.
• Student-athlete autographs may not be requested for personal use. • Autograph requests from coaches may be granted for charitable organizations.
• Autographed items can be used as an auction or raffle item at a fund raiser provided that organization/institution has received prior approval from the athletics department.
• Completion of the request form does not guarantee that the request will be fulfilled.