Jan. 11, 2006
- Utah's series record against San Diego State fell to 48-10 with tonight's loss and snapped a six-game winning streak. The Aztecs last win over Utah was 58-56 on Jan 18, 2003 in San Diego.
- The Utes fell to 26-2 against the Aztecs in the Huntsman Center, snapping a 22-game winning streak. San Diego State's only other win against Utah in the Huntsman Center was 74-72 on Feb. 25, 1982.
- Utah falls to 7-2 at home this season. The Utes hadn't lost two home games in the same season since 2001-02 when they went 14-2 in the Huntsman Center.
- In conference home games over the past 12 seasons, Utah is 79-5. The Utes' winning percentage (.940) now ranks second in the nation over that period to Kansas' .941 (81-5) mark.
- Before losing to San Diego State, Utah had won nine consecutive conference home games. Its last loss was to Air Force (59-57) on Feb. 21, 2004.
- This is the fourth game an opponent has shot 50 percent against the Utes this season. Utah is 1-3 in those games.
- San Diego State shot 50 percent from three-point range, a season-high by a Utah opponent. SDSU is the fifth team to shoot at least 40 percent from three-point range against the Utes. Utah has lost all five of those games.
- Senior forward Bryant Markson had his 11th double-figure scoring game of the season and the 37th of his career.
- Sophomore guard Johnnie Bryant had his eighth double-figure scoring game of the season.