Jan. 21, 2006
- Utah's series record against UNLV falls to 18-14. The loss snaps Utah's six-game winning streak over the Rebels.
- The Rebels win for only the third time in the Huntsman Center. The Utes are 10-3 against the Rebels in Salt Lake City. That was the Rebels' first road win in the series since a 76-67 victory on Jan. 21, 1982.
- Utah falls to 7-3 at home this season. The Utes hadn't lost three home games in the same season since 1993-94 when they went 11-3 during the regular season in the Huntsman Center.
- In conference home games over the past 12 seasons, Utah is 79-6. The Utes' winning percentage (.929) now ranks second in the nation over that period to Kansas' .932 (82-6) mark.
- The Utes have now lost five straight games. Utah hasn't strung that many losses together since it dropped five in-a-row to end the 1983-84 regular season.
- UNLV is the sixth team to score 70 or more points on the Utes this season. Utah is 0-7 when its opponents top the 70-point plateau.
- Sophomore guard Johnnie Bryant scored 12 points, his 10th double-digit scoring game this season. He has posted double-digit scoring numbers in five of the last six games.
- Freshman center Luke Nevill had a double-double with 12 points and 10 boards. That is the second double-double of his young career. It is eighth double-digit scoring game and the second double-digit rebounding effort.