March 8, 2011
2011 CONOCO MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST ROUND GAME NOTES (March 8, 2011)
No. 5 Seed Utah vs. No. 8 Seed UNLV
* Utah is 4-1 against the Lady Rebels all-time in the Mountain West Conference tournament. UNLV's only win over the Utes came in 2002.
* The teams split their regular season meetings with the home team winning both times.
* Utah went on an 18-5 run between the 12:29 minute mark and 1:31 in the first half, to break a 9-9 tie.
* Utah junior guard Janita Badon broke her previous career high of 12 rebounds.
Badon also recorded her seventh career double-double, with 13 points and 17 rebounds.
* Both teams broke into the top-five rankings for rebounds in a MWC tournament game. Utah finished with 46 to tie for second all-time, while UNLV finished with 45 which is tied for fourth all-time.
* Utah tied for fourth in tournament history with nine blocked shots.
* Utah freshman Michelle Plouffe recorded her eighth double-double of the season.
* The Rebels shot 17.5%, their lowest of the season and is nearly 5 percent below the previous tournament low.
* UNLV's 11 field goals ties Air Force's tournament low from the inaugural year of the MWC tournament.
* This is the sixth time in MWC history that the combined score of both teams has been below 100.
* UNLV did not make a field goal for the final 5:16 of the game, they were outscored in that period 7-16.